Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Top Ten Books I Loved But Never Wrote a Review For

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.
Today’s Top Ten Tuesday is a rewind edition, so I picked a topic from a loooooong time ago (August 2011, to be exact). Just because I like to be complicated like that. *wink*
So, here are ten books I loved but never wrote reviews for. Probably because I read them before my book blogging days (and hence before my review writing days). That doesn’t mean you shouldn’t check them out, though. You definitely should. In fact, you MUST.
1) The Squire’s Tale series by Gerald Morris. I read this series one summer in sixth, seventh, maybe eighth grade because a friend told me to, and from there on out, I could be seen with a book from this series in hand. It made me laugh. It made me…well, mainly, it just made me laugh. Gerald’s rendition of King Arthur is funny beyond comparison. I still remember the story of King Arthur from reading this series, but all my facts are probably off thanks to the hilarious little quirks Gerald added.
2) The Carter House Girls series by Melody Carlson. Used to be one of my favorite “girly” series. I think I kind of enjoyed seeing what kind of trouble the mean girls would finagle their way into. That sort of thing can be entertaining sometimes, you know. And Melody writes the best mean, spoiled girls, so that made it even better. 
3) The Maximum Ride series by James Patterson. Got hooked on this series before my review writing days. They’re so epic, though, that I should go back and reread them just so I could review them. They deserve that much, if you ask me. 
4) Love’s Pursuit by Siri Mitchell. Best. Book. Ever. Well, one of them. There are a lot, you know. This was the first book I read by Siri, and I fell in love with her writing instantly. Even though the love story ends in tragedy, it was so well written that I do believe I cried a little bit at the end. If I wrote a review of this, it would more than likely be all gushing. 
5) Holly’s Heart series by Beverley Lewis. Read this in middle school, or maybe it was ninth grade. Anyway, by the time I read it, it felt a little young for me, but I still enjoyed it. It was entertain, albeit somewhat annoying. I do remember the part about Holly getting her boot stuck in the toilet, for some reason. Gives me a little something to smile about every now and then.
6) The Education of Bet by Lauren Baratz-Logsted. I’m not sure why I didn’t write a review, because I definitely read this during my blogging days. I really enjoyed this one, actually. It was one of those books you just randomly pick off the library shelf because you have nothing else to read. It was fairly good, though, and should have gotten a review.
7) The Broadmoor Legacy by Tracie Peterson. The best series out of all the series that Tracie Peterson and Judith Miller have collaborated on. All three books were romantic, elegant, and thrilling, and they still have a special hold on me. I can definitely see myself going back and reading these again, which is saying a lot if you know me well enough.  
8) Postcards from Pullman series by Judith Miller. I think I enjoyed this one less as an entertainment read and more as a history-lesson kind of read. I read it several years ago, but still remember chunks of it concerning the activity of the time with the Pullman Railroad strikes and riots. You could definitely say I retained it better than any history textbook you ever could have given me. 
9) Brides of Gallatin by Tracie Peterson. One of the first book series I read by Tracie. One of the best, if you ask me. A story about three sisters living in a tiny town out west, holding down the fort with the help of three handsome men. Sounds pretty good, no? Not to mention the covers are beautiful.  
10) Peter Pan in Scarlet by Geraldine McCaughrean. As I go back and look at some of the reviews of this book on Goodreads, I realize that it wasn’t very popular…well, it was with me. I fell in love with this book. For my eleven year old self, this book was magical, suspenseful, mysterious and surprising. If I were to reread it and write a review, I would probably hate it and tear it to pieces, so maybe that’s why I haven’t. I want to continue living in the magic that it was when I first read it. 
  
What are your top ten books that you adored but never got around to writing reviews for? Leave me a link or drop a note in the comments!

1 comment :

  1. I love the entire Squire's Tale series. They're all so much fun!

    My TTT: http://shelversanon.blogspot.com/2012/10/top-10-tuesday-rewind-top-ten-bookish.html

    ReplyDelete

I love love love to receive feedback from my readers! Please feel free to comment on any post with your thoughts.

P.S.- Gobs and Gobs of Books is an award-free blog, and as honored as I am to receive awards from awesome people like you, please know that if you nominate this blog I will not pass on the award. Thanks anyway!