Saturday, October 27, 2012

NaNoWriMo, Here I Come!

It’s that time of year again. National Novel Writing Month. That word is currently inciting fear into my heart, because guess what, kids? I’m a procrastinator (not that that’s a new flash or anything). And I have recently been honing my procrastinating skills. Meaning I haven’t planned for this next month of writing AT ALL. I haven’t plotted. I haven’t outlined. I haven’t even named my potential characters. Praise God, I do have a story in mind, one that I’m super excited about, but it’s looking pretty wimpy right now because I haven’t put a lot of thought into it. But that’s what NaNoWriMo is all about. Doing something totally crazy and unplanned for an entire month. And coming out of it with something completely messy and in need of much editing. And golly, it’s so much FUN!
So, because of this huge, busy, insane month coming up, I will not be posting as much as usual. Because when I won’t be doing school or writing till my brain is fried, I’ll be sleeping and eating. I might get some reading done somewhere in there, but I doubt there will be much review-writing or blog-posting. So, at least for a while, I bid you adieu. Think of me when you’re asleep in your warm bed. I will be writing. Think of me when you’re relaxing while watching TV. I will be writing. Think of me when you’re going on a leisurely walk in the park, enjoying the gorgeous fall weather. I will be…yeah, you guessed it: writing. Tis the life of a writer. Embrace it.
And to all you who join me on this courageous journey- I salute you, my fellow novelists! Remember, as you plow through your treacherously messy drafts, that this isn’t all for naught. You’re molding a story that’s your own, in hopes that one day, the world will read it and make it their own, too.  

No comments :

Post a Comment

I love love love to receive feedback from my readers! Please feel free to comment on any post with your thoughts.

P.S.- Gobs and Gobs of Books is an award-free blog, and as honored as I am to receive awards from awesome people like you, please know that if you nominate this blog I will not pass on the award. Thanks anyway!