Thursday, July 12, 2012

Want a free book? You've come to the right place!

Alright, show of hands of people who don’t like free books. I thought so. I can’t pass up an offer like that either. It’s part of being a bookworm. It’s in our blood.

So, that said, I want to share this with you:

Asia’s Children Tell Their Stories in No Longer a Slumdog

“He would lock me in a small room with the animals. Days turned into weeks, and my stomach would growl. He never gave me enough to eat,” said Nadish. “Weeks turned into months, and my body would ache. The work was hard, and there was never enough time to rest. Months turned into years, and I began to think that this would never end.”

But through a miraculous event, Nadish found his way back into the loving embrace of his mother. Dr. K.P. Yohannan’s newest book, No Longer a Slumdog, unveils the true-life accounts of many of South Asia’s children, like Nadish. The message hits hard. He speaks of “winds of change” and a powerful move of God.

The children’s stories tell of going from a life of heartache and poverty to finding joy, laughter and a bright future. Despite the affliction these children face, Yohannan shows us there’s opportunity for change as many find new life in God‘s redeeming love.

No Longer a Slumdog inspires faith that a better tomorrow is truly possible. [Description from Goodreads]

 
Sounds good, no? You can get your free copy here. Go ahead. I know you want to. *grin*
And be on the lookout for my review of this inspiring book in the near future!

No comments :

Post a Comment

I love love love to receive feedback from my readers! Please feel free to comment on any post with your thoughts.

P.S.- Gobs and Gobs of Books is an award-free blog, and as honored as I am to receive awards from awesome people like you, please know that if you nominate this blog I will not pass on the award. Thanks anyway!