This week’s topic is “Pick Your Own Topic” (yay!) so I’m going to choose…
Top Ten Popular Books I’ve Never Read That Everyone Else is Crazy About! (Think I should shorten the title a bit? Nah…)
So. Here goes.
1) Twilight. I don’t care if I’m the last person on earth that hasn’t read this series. It ain’t gonna happen. (Though, since I’ve never read it, I can’t really say it’s as some people say it is, but I think I’ll just be safe rather than sorry and take their word for it.)
2) Mortal Instruments series. Now this one I want to read. I just haven’t gotten around to it. But I probably should sometime in the near future, since I hear they’re making a movie… *grin*
3) The Iron Fey series. Same with this one. What? No, no, I didn’t mean that they’re making of movie of this one too. I meant that I want to read this one also, but I just haven’t yet. *makes mental note to pick up Iron Fey series at next library visit*
4) Vampire Academy series. Now this one, on the other hand, I have no intention of reading. Just because I’m not that into vampires. Or paranormal. I prefer my hot fictional guys NOT biting people like teething toddlers. But that’s just me.
5) The Lorien Legacies. AKA I Am Number Four, The Power of Six, etc. I want to read them. Just haven’t yet. I really really really want to see the movie (mainly cause the guy who’s in it seems kind of cute) but I think I should read the books first. So maybe I’ll be motivated to read them if I “reward” myself by watching the movie after. Yeah. I’ll do that. *flips on TV, goes ahead and watches movie despite ambitious self-challenges*
6) The Perks of Being a Wallflower. Well, I kinda want to read this one, but I just don’t think I’d like all the questionable content in it. Pooh. The movie looks fantastic, though. Yeah, the movie which I probably won’t be allowed to go see because of all the questionable content. Gah.
7) Harry Potter. Yeah, I’m one of those people who have some qualms about this series. No, I haven’t read it. Yes, I know that’s hard to believe. Yes, I constantly feel like the last person on the planet who hasn’t read Harry Potter. But when did it get put on the classics-everyone-must-read list next to Charlotte’s Web, anyway?
8) The Lord of the Ring Trilogy. This one I’ve started, so it doesn’t actually count…but I can’t say I’ve read the trilogy till I put down the last book, so I’m still pushing through. J
9) A Wrinkle in Time (series). This is more of a children’s series. I never read it, though, and I’m not sure why. I tried. I just couldn’t get into it. *shrug*
10) The Inheritance (series). I think that I never got around to reading this series because I was (and still aren’t) very attracted to fantasy. So it takes more of an effort for me to pick up books like these. I hear they’re good, so I need to try and read them soon!
That’s it! Have you read any of these titles? Which ones are amazing and which ones...not so much?
What’s your Top Ten today? Let me know in the comments!