1) The Summer My Life Began by Shannon Greenland. Duh, it takes place on a tropical island. There is no better beach read.
2) The Maya Davis series by Erynn Mangum. Maya’s hyperness and high-spirited antics will having you laughing so hard that you’ll get the attention of every hot, muscular lifeguard on the entire stretch of beach. *wink*
3) The Christy Miller series by Robin Jones Gunn. The author lives in Hawaii now. It’s an understatement to say I’m a lot jealous.
4) The Lauren Holbrook series by Erynn Mangum. Let’s just leave it at this: anything by Erynn Mangum would be a good beach read!
6) 86 Bloomsberg Place series by Melody Carlson. Just so you could have a good laugh at the situations Kendall gets herself into (ok, so she is capable of getting herself into some deep doo-doo, but most of her dramatic, extravagant whims can be quite funny).