Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Top Ten Books Featuring Travel

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.
1) The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight by Jennifer E. Smith. This one is on like every single TTT list I’ve ever made. Honestly. I must really like it.
2) Lost Horizon by James Hilton. This was something I had to read for school, but it was really interesting. A little strange, but definitely something you should look into.
3) Papua New Guinea (Notes From a Spinning Planet #2) by Melody Carlson. This was my favorite of the three books in the series. All of them are good and feature travel, though.
4) There You’ll Find Me by Jenny B. Jones. Her most recent work, and one of my favorite books of all time. Ireland is a fantastic place.
5) Carry On, Mr. Bowditch by Jean Lee Latham. I know this is a children’s book, but for some odd reason it was one of my favorites when I was young. It’s won awards and stuff, so it must be a classic. <-- that sounds so professional, doesn’t it?
6) The Essence (The Pledge #2) by Kimberly Derting. Much of this book is travelling, and I liked getting more familiar with Ludania in that way.
7) The Waterfall Series by Lisa Bergren. Time travelling- the best kind of travel.
8) In Honor by Jessi Kirby. A great road-trip book. I wasn’t a huge fan of some aspects of the book or how it turned out, but the road-trip aspect is always fun.
9) Altered by Jennifer Rush. On-the-run-from-bad-guys-with-guns kind of travelling.
10) The Ramsay Scallop by Frances Temple. Another children’s book, but I liked this one growing up. The pilgrimages linked with the Crusades are often overlooked in history.
Share your Top Ten in the comments below!

No comments :

Post a Comment

I love love love to receive feedback from my readers! Please feel free to comment on any post with your thoughts.

P.S.- Gobs and Gobs of Books is an award-free blog, and as honored as I am to receive awards from awesome people like you, please know that if you nominate this blog I will not pass on the award. Thanks anyway!