Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.
I’m not going to lie- I didn’t have a hard time with this one at all. There are so many settings I’d like to see more of (the irritating thing is, a lot of them are never done right!). Take a look at my wish-list:
1) Europe (England, Ireland, France, Scotland, Italy. Yes, please.)
2) Parallel Universes (universi?)
3) Spaceships (Think Wall-e…but in a book)
4) Underground (Who didn’t love District 13?!)
5) Medieval/Renaissance (I’d love to see a YA medieval romance or thriller. I know, it sounds slightly ridiculous, but I’m sure someone could pull it off nicely.)
6) World War II (Because I have a thing for WW2 novels, and sadly, there aren’t nearly enough.)
7) Islands (the small, northern kind- as in, not a tropical destination known for white sandy beaches and coconut trees).
8) Shakespearian England (hark, methinks this would indeed be- oh, how doth one put it- awesome.)
9) North Carolina (Come on, someone besides Nicholas Sparks needs to realize that this state holds many a perfect setting.)
10) Russia (Might sounds dreary, but I think it has the potential of a fascinating setting.)
What are some settings you want more of? Leave a link or comment below!