Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Top Ten Settings I'd Like To See More Of


Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.
I’m not going to lie- I didn’t have a hard time with this one at all. There are so many settings I’d like to see more of (the irritating thing is, a lot of them are never done right!). Take a look at my wish-list:
1) Europe (England, Ireland, France, Scotland, Italy. Yes, please.)
2) Parallel Universes (universi?)
3) Spaceships (Think Wall-e…but in a book)
4) Underground (Who didn’t love District 13?!)
5) Medieval/Renaissance (I’d love to see a YA medieval romance or thriller. I know, it sounds slightly ridiculous, but I’m sure someone could pull it off nicely.)
6) World War II (Because I have a thing for WW2 novels, and sadly, there aren’t nearly enough.)
7) Islands (the small, northern kind- as in, not a tropical destination known for white sandy beaches and coconut trees).
8) Shakespearian England (hark, methinks this would indeed be- oh, how doth one put it- awesome.)
9) North Carolina (Come on, someone besides Nicholas Sparks needs to realize that this state holds many a perfect setting.)
10) Russia (Might sounds dreary, but I think it has the potential of a fascinating setting.)
What are some settings you want more of? Leave a link or comment below!

4 comments :

  1. Great list! I'm all about the universi (Fringe, anyone?) and I didn't even think of Shakespearean England! *slaps forehead with palm* As for Russia, I actually have historical fiction set in medieval Russia (Ivan the Terrible) coming out this year. It won't release until early September, but I give updates for it, including a countdown widget, on my LKHill blog. Just sayin'. :D
    My TTT.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd love to read about more Shakespearean England! :) My TTT list: http://aliceinreaderland.wordpress.com/2013/01/21/settings/

    Alice @ Alice in Readerland

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want more European setting too! But I want more than just London & Paris. I want other cities too.

    My Top Ten

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those European countries are popular picks, I'd love to see more from those but also others - like Germany, Eastern Europe, Scandinavia. North Carolina does indeed have some great places to set books! Have you read Deeanne Gist's A Maid to Match? It takes place at the Biltmore.
    Here's my TTT.

    ReplyDelete

I love love love to receive feedback from my readers! Please feel free to comment on any post with your thoughts.

P.S.- Gobs and Gobs of Books is an award-free blog, and as honored as I am to receive awards from awesome people like you, please know that if you nominate this blog I will not pass on the award. Thanks anyway!