Monday, January 7, 2013

That cliche New Years post that everyone expects


So, I thought I’d dive right in and list some resolutions-
Oh wait.
Happy New Year!!!! *dances*
That said, and with all the holiday busyness involving spontaneous singing and obsessive gingerbread eating out of the way, it’s time to set up some ground rules. You know, make some blogging pledges I don’t plan to keep, say some bookish vows I don’t really mean, that sort of thing. But I’ll do my best, right?
Just nod like you agree with me.


Ok, here we go:

No. 1: More Blogging. Period. This never happens once school sucks my time away and other aspects of life start to hit me in the face. But this year, I want to post at least three times a week at the least. I can tell you right now that there will be weeks when that doesn’t happen, but there will also be weeks when it does happen.
No. 2: Shorter Reviews. There were times last year when I was four, five, sometimes six reviews behind. My solution: write shorter reviews. Often times I write four-seven paragraphs on a single book, and frankly, that takes too long. Ladies and Gentlemen, I give you: *drumroll* Mini-Reviews! These reviews will usually be used with books I read for myself (not books received through an author or publisher). They’ll be no more than two-three paragraphs long in length. Yay for no more novel-long reviews!
No. 3: To review or not to review; that is the question. Blogging is hard work. Sometimes it becomes so hard that it’s not fun anymore. So, to bring some fun back, I might not review every book I read. Or I might just compile some brief thoughts on several books in one single post. Point is- I don’t want to be (and won’t be) compelled to post a review for every book I ever read from here on out.
Well, I think that about does it. *deep sigh* Goals and aspirations are an on-going thing, though. They’re something we all need to go back to in order to revise and add to throughout the year.
So, you could say that this is only the beginning. 

No comments :

Post a Comment

I love love love to receive feedback from my readers! Please feel free to comment on any post with your thoughts.

P.S.- Gobs and Gobs of Books is an award-free blog, and as honored as I am to receive awards from awesome people like you, please know that if you nominate this blog I will not pass on the award. Thanks anyway!