Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Waiting On Wednesday #1

Welcome to Waiting on Wednesday! Or as Charlotte would say, “Salutations!”  
Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Jill over at Breaking the Spine. Each week I’ll pick one pre-release book I’m super excited about and share it with all of you (this is actually a secret mission to try and get TBR piles all over the world to grow and grow until the massiveness of them makes the universe implode, but don’t tell anyone. Shhhh!). This week, I’m sharing Going Vintage by Lindsey Leavitt, which is due to be on shelves in 2013:


The cure for a broken heart? Go vintage and live like it’s 1962!
Mallory’s boyfriend, Jeremy, isn’t just cheating on her. He’s cheating with an online girlfriend. So Mallory decides to swear off boys and modern technology. Inspired by a list of goals her grandmother made in 1962, Mallory decides to “go vintage” and return to a simpler time. She sets out to complete grandma’s list: run for pep club secretary, host a dinner party, sew a homecoming dress, find a steady, do something dangerous.
The list proves to be trickier than it looks. Obviously finding a steady is out . . . no matter how intriguing she finds Oliver (er, Jeremy's cousin). But with the help of her sister, Mallory will finish the list and find peace.
Somehow.
[From Goodreads]
I’m sure I’m going to absolutely adore this book. I can sometimes go kind of ballistic over vintage stuff of any shape or form. *makes mental note to but straightjacket before publication date*
Which book are you antsy to get your hands on? Drop me a comment, cause I’d love to know!

1 comment :

  1. New follower. This looks interesting. I like the cover and it sounds different than what I normally read.

    Grace

    ReplyDelete

I love love love to receive feedback from my readers! Please feel free to comment on any post with your thoughts.

P.S.- Gobs and Gobs of Books is an award-free blog, and as honored as I am to receive awards from awesome people like you, please know that if you nominate this blog I will not pass on the award. Thanks anyway!