Since this is all new to me, I had to do a bit of research on what to do next. Unfortunately, the rules are still kind of fuzzy because I’ve found several different methods, so I’m going to improvise. The whole point is for the blogging community to get to know you better as a blogger, so here’s what I’ll do. I’m going to answer eleven questions that Katie laid out for the bloggers she awarded, and then I’ll pick five other awesomely amazing blogger who have under 200 followers, then I’ll let those blogger know they’ve won the Liebster Blog Award, then they’ll freak out like I did, then try to figure out what the heck that actually means, and…well, you get the point.
1. What is your favorite thing about book blogging?
My all-time favorite thing about blogging is getting to share my thoughts about the books I read and getting to know all the bunches of wonderful people who make up the blogging community. I love being able to freak out about amazing books with other people who have the same love. It makes my life so much brighter.
2. What book are your currently reading?
I’m currently reading two books, actually: The Fellowship of the Ring (Lord of the Rings Book 1) by J.R.R. Tolkien and Latte Daze (The Maya Davis series Books 2) by Erynn Mangum.
3. What are five books you want to read this summer?
Double Shot by Erynn Mangum, Shatter Me by Tehereh Mafi, A Charmed Life series by Jenny B. Jones, The River of Time series by Lisa T. Bergren, and The Fault In Our Stars by John Green.
4. How long have you been blogging?
One year and one month.
Yes, actually, I just started participating in Top Ten Tuesday and Waiting on Wednesday. I plan on starting Bookshelf Monday soon.
6. Who is your favorite author?
You have no idea how much I dread this question. Um…I like Jenny B. Jones a great deal at the moment, but I also like Erynn Mangum, Deeanne Gist, and Melody Carlson.
7. Do you prefer series or stand-alone books?
I like both. Series are nice because you have a continuous stream of books you can go through, and usually they get progressively better as you read, but I also like stand-alone books because there’s less suspense at the end. Some books are better as stand-alones.
8. Do you have a Goodreads account?
Yes, why yes I do! And I use it an insane amount. It’s a reader’s heaven, I tell you.
9. Have you gotten any ARCs since you've started blogging?
Well, technically, yes. I won an ARC in a giveaway I entered. But I have not actually received an ARC from an author or publisher, no. *sad face*
I’m looking forward to the last Maximum Ride book, Nevermore, coming out in August (I think…or maybe October) of this year!
11. Do you like to write to as well, or do you only like to read?
Now, here is the list of the incredible bloggers I picked to win the Liebster Blog Award. Please put your hands together for…
1) Inky from Book Haven Extraordinaire
2) Sandy from Somewhere Only We Know
3) Sara from The Page Sage
4) Katie and Abbi from Christian Novels
5) Emily from Emily Hearts Books
2) Who is your favorite author/what is your favorite book?
3) Where is your favorite spot to read?
4) Do you buy the books your read or borrow them from the library?
5) What is your favorite movie adopted from a book?
1. Post 5 facts about yourself (I skipped this because I list a lot of facts about myself on my “About Me” page).
3. Tag 5 other bloggers that have under 200 followers and come up with 5 (or however many you like) questions for the bloggers you tagged.
4. Let these bloggers know that you tagged them (comment on one of their posts).
That’s all there is to it! I really enjoyed this and loved getting to know other bloggers in the process. Thanks again to Katie from Breath of Books!