Welcome to my first ever Top Ten Tuesday! This is a meme hosted by our our blogger friends over at The Broke and the Bookish. Each week, they’ll post a new topic (usually book-related) and compose a list of ten things under that topic. And because they’re such sweet people, they invite us blogger/readers to participate too! To find out more or to see new/old Top Ten Tuesday topics, visit their Top Ten Tuesday page or explore their site for great reviews and other fun bookish stuff.
This week’s topic: Top Ten Books On My Summer TBR List
Now, I’ve kind of cheated on some of these by listing series or trilogies instead of individual books, but there’s so much I want to read this summer! This list doesn’t even begin to cover it. So, without further ado:
1) The River of Time series by Lisa T. Bergren- I’ve heard only good things about this series, and I absolutely can’t wait to read it! Romance + Time travel = fantastic summer read.
2) Latte Daze and Double Shot (books 2 & 3 in the Maya Davis series) by Erynn Mangum- I’ve stayed up until the wee hours of the morning reading this woman’s books. She never fails to make me laugh. Her books, full of humor and romance, will bring sunshine into your life on those stormy summer afternoons.
3) A Charmed Life series by Jenny B. Jones- I can’t get enough of Jenny’s sarcastic humor and lovely writing. I just recently fell in love with her books and can’t wait to tackle my huge three-in-one volume of her Charmed Life series. It’s sure to keep my giggling by the pool by day and under the covers at night.
4) The Summer My Life Began by Shannon Greenland- I won a copy of this one in a giveaway recently and it looks like the perfect summer/beach read. Not too thick, but has a great cover. It promises light entertainment with maybe a dash of romance.
5) Shatter Me by Tahereh Mafi- I received an ARC copy as a giveaway prize a couple months ago and have been itching to get my hands on it! It’s waited so patiently for me in my nightstand drawer. Sounds like an irresistible dystopian that will keep me turning the pages the whole time.
6) Insurgent by Veronica Roth- You knew it had to be on here. I’ve yet to read it because I’m on an eternal waiting list for it at the library. Meh. Anyway, when it finally comes my turn to borrow it, I’m sure I’ll fly through it at lightspeed. I loved Divergent to death and can’t wait to get my hands on this second book in the trilogy.
7) The Lord of the Rings trilogy by J.R.R. Tolkien- Yeah, I know. I’m probably the only person in the universe that hasn’t read this trilogy. Well, sorry to break it to you, but I’m not a huge fan of fantasy, so that’s why it’s taken me so long to force myself to get around to reading it. This is attempt #2. But I will finish it this time. I will. I promise. I can do it…I can do it…you can do it, Shelby…
8) The Fault In Our Stars by John Green- Everyone needs an emotional book every once in a while to balance out all those carefree beach reads, right? This sounds like just the thing. Besides, I don’t know if I could deal with the stress of reading something too emotional during the school year…like deadlines and lack of sleep and math doesn’t put enough strain on me…
9) Great Expectations by Charles Dickens- This probably isn’t very realistic, since this book is realllly thick and…well, not boring, just not as interesting as, say, something written in this century a YA book. But there are so many classics I need to read, and this is where I’m starting.
10) Partials by Dan Wells- Um, I really don’t have a legit reason for this. I just haven’t gotten to it yet. And I need to. Because it sounds amazing. =)
Have you read any of these great titles? What are your Top Ten TBRs for this summer? Drop me a quick comment and let me know!
That’s all, gang! Be on the lookout for reviews of these ten epic books as I read them this summer. And come back next week for a brand new Top Ten Tuesday!