Friday, April 12, 2013

Review: Nevermore by James Patterson

Published: August 6th, 2013 (Little Brown and Company)
Pages: 368
Rating: 5/5
Maximum Ride and her faithful friends stand ready to face the two greatest threats that humankind has ever known--now combining forces in an unbeatable plot to destroy life as we know it once and for all. And this time, the enemy truly can't be stopped.

The danger mounts just as Dylan has finally worked his way into Max's heart--and just as her beloved Fang unexpectedly returns to the flock. An explosive confrontation between the two boys with a claim to Max's heart ensues, and the entire world hangs in the balance.

In this powerful and moving finale to James Patterson's epic fantasy series, fans will finally get the answers they've been waiting for--and an ending full of shock, surprises, and the greatest conclusion you never saw coming. [Description from Goodreads]

My reaction before: Ok, this is the last book. Gotta keep it together, Shelby. *deep breathe*
My reaction during: alkdjlakjsdlfkjaefiodnlkjflajflsjf
My reaction after: I honestly don’t even know what just happened, or how I feel about it. And I can’t believe it’s over! Curse you, Patterson!
What. In the world. I’m not even sure where to begin or what to say or what I feel or if it’s even safe to write a review, because I feel like I might just explode and spoil everything for those of you who haven’t read it.
I felt like there was a lot less world-saving in this last book. Not sure if I’m cool with that or not. One thing I do know: I did not, I repeat, did not, like the tension between Fax. Grrrrr they are supposed to be together. What’s with Max getting all attracted to Dylan (oh my gosh Dylan, who reminds me of Justin Bieber) and Fang getting all attracted to Maya? What drug were you taking when you wrote this, Patterson?!
But none of that bothered me overly much, because it got so much better. Turning-page-after-page-and-I-can’t-stop-reading kind of better. So much heart-wrenching action! It all blurred together after a while, and now I can’t even remember half of it. I just know it was epic.
And the ending…I’m not even going to go there. I can’t decide whether I liked it or not. I know, I know, I’m so indifferent! It was just…weird. Unexpected. Slightly confusing. And not entirely satisfying. But I love this book, the whole series, so much! Thank you for the laughter and the tears, Max. Thanks for everything.
*sniffle*
I can’t believe it’s over.
Quick Content Review: *may contain spoilers*
Language: None (that I can remember)
Violence: Heavy (descriptions of the treatment of kids used as lab experiments)
Sexual: Mild (some passionate kissing)

1 comment :

  1. You just accurately described my reaction during this book too! :) When you finish it, your brain just thinks, oh my gosh, what just happened!??! Totally awesome series!

    ReplyDelete

I love love love to receive feedback from my readers! Please feel free to comment on any post with your thoughts.

P.S.- Gobs and Gobs of Books is an award-free blog, and as honored as I am to receive awards from awesome people like you, please know that if you nominate this blog I will not pass on the award. Thanks anyway!