Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Maid to Match by Deeanne Gist

I was immediately interested when I heard about this book, one, because I love historical fiction of any and every kind, two, this book takes place not too far from home, in Ashville, NC, and three, it’s by Deeanne Gist, so I knew I would enjoy it. Guess what? I did.
A Maid to Match follows Tillie Reese, who works as a maid at Biltmore Estate. When Mrs. Vanderbilt becomes in need of a personal maid, Tillie is picked as a runner up. She must meet the demands and do whatever it takes for her to win the position-with many siblings at home, the money is running low. Mack is a rough, unsophisticated mountain man that comes to Biltmore to work as a footman. His sister is in an orphanage run by a cruel, abusive beast, and her safety depend on Mack’s submission and success with his job at Biltmore. Both Tillie and Mack have much to concentrate on, but their growing attraction seems to continuously get in the way. Hands at Biltmore are forbidden to court or even romance each other, so Tillie decides that her job is more important than her love for Mack. She fights it hard, but Mack only encourages her. I was engrossed with this steamy romance, and loved every page of it. I loved the plot, and how adamantly Mack pursued Tillie. Forbidden romance is always the best kind! And of course the ending was magnificent. A Maid to Match has definitely become one of my all-time favorites. There is so much more I could gush about this book but let’s leave it at this: I found nothing in this book to be the least bit disagreeable, and highly suggest you try it. I’m positive you’ll love it as much as I do!
Quick Content Review:
Profanity: None
Violence: Minor (A girl is found murdered, hanging by a rope from the ceiling.)
Sexual: Mild (Mack and Tillie kiss passionately behind a barn during a group gathering, but it’s very chaste and done without any ulterior motives. They get into bed together on their wedding night, but the chapter ends there and nothing is described.)
Reply from the author:

Dear Shelby,

Thanks so very much for the lovely blog post and for writing to me.  I appreciate all your encouragement.  It means so much.  

I'm glad you enjoyed Maid to Match.  Be sure to watch for my upcoming release, Love on the Line. It's due to hit the shelves in October and is available for advance purchase from booksellers online now. My eNewsletter will keep you up-to-date about it and any new events that come down the pike.  After having such a blast with my readers at the Getaway With Dee last year, I've decided I much prefer "destination" type events rather than book tours. We just have so much more time to hang out and have fun. So, for 2011, I have two events planned.  

The first one is a cruise in June with the Pulpwood Queens - the largest meeting and discussing Book Club in the world.  Several other authors and I are cruising to CocoCay and the Bahamas and we'd love for you to join us!  

The second event is the RomCon conference in Denver this August.  This one-of-a-kind conference is especially for readers of romance to mix and mingle with their favorite authors.  All of the romance genres are represented, not just inspirational, and it is a huge event.  This year, I'll be putting on a Victorian fashion show featuring other historical authors at the conference.  I'd love to see you there 

Details for both events are at GetawayWithDee.com.

Thanks again for visiting my website.  The next time you're there, be sure to click on Dee's Circle of Friends. This is a special area in my website with giveaways, video clips, exclusive excerpts from upcoming books, games and a very active chat room.  And if you're on Facebook, you can find me at facebook.com/DeesCircle.  I'd love for you to join me and my circle of friends.

Thanks for writing, and I look forward to seeing you in our eCommunity!

Blessings,
Dee 

No comments :

Post a Comment

I love love love to receive feedback from my readers! Please feel free to comment on any post with your thoughts.

P.S.- Gobs and Gobs of Books is an award-free blog, and as honored as I am to receive awards from awesome people like you, please know that if you nominate this blog I will not pass on the award. Thanks anyway!