Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Waiting on Wednesday #18

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine.
Release date: August 6th, 2013 (Simon and Schuster Books for
 Young Readers)
Pages: 400

In this dystopian sequel to The Forsaken, Alenna has survived the brutality of life on the wheel—and now she’s going back for more.

Alenna escaped. It was expected that she would die on the wheel, the island where would-be criminals are sent as directed by the UNA—the totalitarian supercountry that was once the United States, Mexico, and Canada. But Alenna and her boyfriend, Liam, made it to safety. Except safety, they will soon learn, is relative.

In order to bring down the UNA, they must first gain control of the wheel. If the mission succeeds, the wheel will become a base of revolution. But between betrayals, a new Monk leading a more organized army of Drones, and the discovery of a previously unknown contingent, Alenna, Liam, and their allies might be in over their heads. One thing Alenna knows for sure: There will be a reckoning. And not everyone she loves will make it out alive.
[Description from Goodreads]
What are you waiting on this Wednesday? Leave a comment or link below.

4 comments :

  1. i haven't read forsaken yet but i'm very intrigued by the cover of uprising. very unique! happy reading :)

    check out my WoW this week

    -michelle

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've heard great things about the Forsaken, but haven't read it yet. These covers are so interesting. Great pick!
    Natflix&Books' WoW

    ReplyDelete
  3. Somehow I haven't heard of this series before but I'll definitely be adding it to mu wishlist now. See what I'm waiting on here

    Tasha @ A Trillian Books xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. The cover of this book looks so good! It draws me in at that. I haven't read the first, but it was on my TBR, so I'll add this too!
    Check out my WOW

    ReplyDelete

I love love love to receive feedback from my readers! Please feel free to comment on any post with your thoughts.

P.S.- Gobs and Gobs of Books is an award-free blog, and as honored as I am to receive awards from awesome people like you, please know that if you nominate this blog I will not pass on the award. Thanks anyway!