Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Top Ten Books When You Need Something Light & Fun

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.
1) Maya Davis series/Lauren Holbrook series by Erynn Mangum. Funny and romantic. How much better can it get?
2) The Summer My Life Began by Shannon Greenland. I thought it was kind of predictable when I first read it, but it makes for a good, fun read when you need one.
3) 86 Bloomberg Place series by Melody Carlson. Total chick-lit. All the way.
4) Holly’s Heart series by Beverly Lewis. I’d classify this as more middle-grade than teen, but it’s still really cute.
5) The Chronicles of Narnia by C.S. Lewis. Brings back childhood memories.
6) Where I Belong by Gwendolyn Heasley. A good summer/beach read. Put it on your summer reading list! Yes, now!
7) Heist Society series by Ally Carter. Spy books are the best. Period.
8) Prom and Prejudice by Elizabeth Eulberg. I’m not a huge fan of re-makes of classics, but this one does it nicely… without butchering it.
9) Belles by Jen Calonita. Cute and silly and absolutely cliché, but there’s a time and place for even those types of books.
10) Bunheads by Sophie Flack. I genuinely loved this book. Read it last summer and will probably read it again this summer.
Share your Top Ten in the comments below!

3 comments :

  1. Nice list! I really want to read Bun Heads! Need some light summer reads!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved the Chronicles of Narnia. Been years and years since I read them but they remain childhood favourites I'd love to re-read someday.

    My TTT list.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I totally forgot about Bunheads, I wanted to read it when it came out but I never for around to it. Thanks for the reminder! Great list!

    ReplyDelete

I love love love to receive feedback from my readers! Please feel free to comment on any post with your thoughts.

P.S.- Gobs and Gobs of Books is an award-free blog, and as honored as I am to receive awards from awesome people like you, please know that if you nominate this blog I will not pass on the award. Thanks anyway!