Saturday, October 22, 2011

Something yummy for your tummy...

Oh yummy....oh how yummy you are...could you get any yummier? I doubt it...oh how I love you...you make me all warm and happy inside...oh yes...

Oh! Sorry...I was just enjoying this *points to apple log* delicious bit of heaven I just made. It's a perfect fall recipe. But I can't really take credit for it...I found the recipe over at Erynn Mangum's blog (http://erynnm.blogspot.com/). Have you heard of her? She's an amazing author who's written a bunch of hilarious Christian chick-lit type books. You should check her out! I adore all her books, especially her Lauren Holbrook series (I believe I've review that series too, so check that out as well). And if you have 1) a love for food, 2) an oven,  or 3) taste buds, YOU SHOULD MAKE THIS APPLE LOG. It tastes a bit like an apple turnover. Have a lovely fall day, and enjoy!

That Apple Thing (taken from Erynn Mangum's blog)

1 can of Pillsbury Crescent Roll Creations (this is just a can of crescent rolls, but they aren't perforated. Makes it a lot easier)
1 Granny Smith apple
3 heaping tbsp butter (or fake butter, should you be like me and not allowed to eat dairy currently)
1/3 cup brown sugar
1 tsp. cinnamon
1 egg
1 tbsp sugar mixed with 1 tsp. cinnamon

Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.

Chop the apple finely and dump it, the butter, brown sugar and 1 tsp cinnamon into a saucepan. Mix together on medium-high heat until apple is softened.

Roll out the crescent rolls sheet (if you're using just regular crescents, just mash the perforations together). Spread the apple mixture on it almost up to all the edges. Then quickly roll up from the short side, pinching all of the edges together so you've got a little log of deliciousness.

Brush the top and sides with a little of the egg and then sprinkle the cinnamon-sugar mix over the top. Bake for about 12-15 minutes or until golden brown.

Oh, and here's the link to the page that I found this on, if you want to read her whole entry. =) It's the first blog entry, and the recipe is close to the bottom of the entry.
http://erynnm.blogspot.com/2010_10_01_archive.html

No comments :

Post a Comment

I love love love to receive feedback from my readers! Please feel free to comment on any post with your thoughts.

P.S.- Gobs and Gobs of Books is an award-free blog, and as honored as I am to receive awards from awesome people like you, please know that if you nominate this blog I will not pass on the award. Thanks anyway!