Thursday, October 27, 2011

National Writing Month!

Do you know what next month is? It's the time when all of us aspiring writers get really nervous and excited and high on chocolate and stay up till the wee hours of the morning...doing what? Writing our novels, of course! November is National Writing Month, and in honor of that, a bunch of people from all over the world are doing this amazing thing called NaNoWriMo. It's where we all write our own novel in one month. The only catch is that we only have ONE STINKIN MONTH, and no editing is allowed. Only creativity, coffee, no sleep, chocolate, and long forum chats about the despairs of writer's block is allowed.

It's my first year doing NaNoWriMo, and I'm so nervous! But at the same time, I'm begging, "Let me at it!" I do have a story in mind, but I'm not giving any hints about what it. I'll tell you one thing: it's a dystopian. Well, it is of now...who knows where it'll take me. I'm not really sure how I'm going to get it all done; school, writing, sleeping, eating, and having a life as well. May have to cut out the sleeping part. Anyways, just wanted to let y'all know about this exciting event that's happening, and le you know that if you want, there's still 5 days to sign up! You don't have to have a plot or even a story in mind. The key is just to get those words out onto the page. December is for editing.

So for you brave ones out there, consider joining this giant guild of writers in our annual challenge. It'll be hard, it'll be frustrating, it'll be tiring, and I promise you you'll want to give up, but it's going to be one whirlwind of a month, and you'll have the time of your life!

TAKE THE CHALLENGE...OR DIE WITH REGRETS.

No comments :

Post a Comment

I love love love to receive feedback from my readers! Please feel free to comment on any post with your thoughts.

P.S.- Gobs and Gobs of Books is an award-free blog, and as honored as I am to receive awards from awesome people like you, please know that if you nominate this blog I will not pass on the award. Thanks anyway!