Sunday, July 31, 2011

The Hunger Games Movie!

I know, I know. It's all I can talk about. =)

So if you haven't heard, which is highly improbable if you love the Hunger Games as much as me, next year, on March 23rd exactly (yes, I'm counting the days; why aren't you?!?!) the Hunger Games movie will come out. Starring:

Jennifer Lawrence as Katniss- yeah, I had the same first reaction. "Whoever hired Barbie doll for this role was not sane at the time!"
Liam Hemsworth as Gale- I was like, "He's blonde!" but thankfully, they colored his hair...
And...Josh Hutcherson as Peeta! It's kind of funny...they had to color Liam's hair brown and Josh's blonde...

But here's the big news...they're filming the movie in NC! In Charlotte and Concord, to be exact. I was so excited to hear that they're filming like 30 minutes away from my house. I had to freak out a little after I heard that. =) I read something about needing about 50 extras in August, but I'm not sure if that's legit info or not. Besides, if it is legit, the article said that the extras would pretty much be allowing the hair designers free reign of their heads...meaning you might walk away from the set with pink hair, orange hair, or not hair at all. Um, no thank you. Even I wouldn't go to that extreme to be in the movie.

Here's a really bad quality movie poster of Jennifer Lawrence aka Katniss... phew, no more Barbie. =)

And here's the guys as Peeta and Gale...they nailed Peeta's look, but Gale just looks so plain. So ordinary. From the books, I imagined Gale a bit more handsome. Not as handsome as Peeta, but good looking.

And Katniss again...looking a bit more beat up and a lot less Barbie-ish. =) The way it's supposed to be.

If you want to see who was casted for other roles, here's a link to the movie page at IMDb: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1392170/

I'm can't wait for the movie!!

No comments :

Post a Comment

I love love love to receive feedback from my readers! Please feel free to comment on any post with your thoughts.

P.S.- Gobs and Gobs of Books is an award-free blog, and as honored as I am to receive awards from awesome people like you, please know that if you nominate this blog I will not pass on the award. Thanks anyway!